In order to meet the demands for real time identification and registration, PROCES-DATA has developed an electronic RFID Reader module using the latest transponder technology.
The PD 951 is a general purpose LF Dual Band RFID reader.
- Identification of livestock animals.
- Building automation / Access control.
- Waste management.
- Vehicle control.
- Warehousing and logistics.
- Cargo terminals.
- Tracking containers and pallets in the supply chain.
- High performance Dual band RFID Reader 125 kHz / 134.2 kHz.
- Supported Transponder types: ISO 11784 and 11785 (read only), EM 4102 (read only).
- The PD 951 is capable of providing excitation signals to, and receiving and decoding signals from, HDX and FDX-B transponders.
- The module complies with ISO 11784 in terms of a having a 64 bit dataformat, for official registration and identification of – Country code, National farm code, Animal No.
- Read range: 10 – 150 cm.
- Automatic self-tuning for simple and easy installation
– no maintenance or adjustment required.
- Advanced internal self-testing.
- Wide power supply range.
- Very low power consumption.
- Wide temperature range.
Operation frequency:125 kHz / 134.2 kHz
Transponder: Read only
Transmission mode: HDX, FDX
Read range: HDX and FDX-B, 10 – 150 cm. (Depends on antenna design, type of transponder used and surroundings)
Antenna tuning range: 208 µH +/- 5%
Cable length from antenna to PD 951: max. 10 meters (Depending on antenna design)
Inductance nom. 208 µH
Power supply DC: nom. 24.0 V, min. 18.0 V, max 32.0 V
Ripple: max. 5%
Power consumption @ 24Vdc
Scanner OFF: max. 55 mA
Scanner ON: max. 420 mA
Current requirement at power up: max. 420 mA
Operating temperature: -25 °C – 70 °C
Storage temperature: -40 °C – 85 °C
Relative humidity: max. 95%
EN 61000-6-2, EN 61000-6-3
Test method: IEC 60068-2-6
Frequency range: 2-100 Hz
Frequency / amplitude: 2-10 Hz : +/- 5.0 mm, 10-100 Hz: +/- 2g
Sweep rate: max. 1 octave/min
Number of axes: 3 mutually perpendicular
The PD 951 module is housed in a black plastic case.
The module is designed for plugging directly on to a mounting rail (EN 50 022 / DIN 46277). The module incorporates two snap connectors, which provide the terminals for field connection, power and communications.
The module may be DIN rail mounted for a panel mounted configuration and contained in a sealed box designed for the plant environment. It may be removed for service, without interfering with operational activities on the rest of the network.
Dimensions: (WxHxD): 130.0 x 112.0 x 50.9 mm
Case material: Black NORYL GFN ( injection moulded )
Front foil: Polycarbonate
Back plate: Black anodized aluminium
Weight: 400 gram
Connection of antenna
There is HIGH VOLTAGE on the antenna terminals and it is therefore important that the
24 V DC is disconnected before the antenna is connected to the module.