Distributed Process Intelligence, P-NET via Light-Link and 10/100 Mbit/s Ethernet LAN Interface.
• Real time clock with battery backup.
• 64 – 1024 kBytes in circuit programmable FLASH memory for user program.
• 128 – 2048 kBytes in circuit programmable FLASH memory for user data.
• 64 – 976 kBytes RAM memory with battery backup for user data. (2 kBytes of RAM reserved for system variables).
• Built-in replaceable lithium battery.
• LED state indicators.
• Low power consumption.
• Process-Pascal programmable.
• Automatic checksum control of program memory after each Reset.
• EMC approved (89/336/EEC).
New features and limitations:
• PP program execution is approx. 3 times faster than the previous version.
• Ethernet electrical standard (100 Mbit/s) with auto-negotiation support.
• EthernetPort, IPNetTable is not supported.
• Replacement for PD602, except that use with PD681 is not supported.
• To retain full EMC compliance, the appropriate BM020 must be used.
• Read details about this and other subjects in the tab INFO NOTES.
Replacement for PD602. Contact us upon purchase.
- Real time clock with battery backup.
- 64 – 1024 kBytes in circuit programmable FLASH memory for user program.
- 128 – 2048 kBytes in circuit programmable FLASH memory for user data.
- 64 – 976 kBytes RAM memory with battery backup for user data. (2 kBytes of RAM reserved for system variables).
- Built-in replaceable lithium battery.
- LED state indicators.
- Low power consumption.
- Process-Pascal programmable.
- Automatic checksum control of program memory after each Reset.
- EMC approved (89/336/EEC).
A PD602B DPI is used to provide programmable intelligence for the local cluster via Light-Link P-NET, and to provide an interface with local area networks (LAN) using the Ethernet electrical standard (100 Mbit/s). The BM020 Base module is required for this device.
The terminals in BM020 for P-NET RS-485 interface connections cannot be used together with PD602B DPI.
The PD602B DPI is programmed in Process-Pascal, which is an extension of standard Pascal, allowing easy declaration and utilisation of P-NET variables and objects. Programs are developed and compiled on a standard PC, then downloaded directly via a P-NET interface. Program code can be downloaded to FLASH memory.
The PD602B DPI has 2 standard P-NET Communication Channels.
Channel 1 is a P-NET Ethernet communication channel for connecting the DPI to a LAN.
Channel 2 is a P-NET Light-Link communication channel intended for communicating with other locally mounted P-NET devices using the optical Light-Link interface.
Program FLASH: 64 – 1024 Kbytes
Data FLASH: 128 – 2048 Kbytes
RAM 64 – 976 Kbytes
Power Supply DC: nom. 24.0 V
min. 15.0 V
max. 32.0 V
Ripple: max. 5 %
Power consumption @ 24 VDC
Operating: max. 50 mA
Current at power up: max. 100 mA
Battery Backup (RAM and RTC)
Replaceable battery (Panasonic) BR1632
Replace battery every 5 years.
If the operating ambient temperature is over 50 °C,
replace battery more frequently.
Backup time @ 25 °C typ. 1 year
Operating temperature: ÷25 °C – 70 °C
Storage temperature: ÷40 °C – 85 °C
Relative humidity: max. 95 %
Real Time Clock
Accuracy: Deviation is approx. 3 minutes per month over the full
Deviation is approx. 1 minute per month at 25 °C
EMC EN61000-6-2, EN61000-6-3
Vibration IEC 60068-2-6
Frequency range: 2-100 Hz
Frequency / amplitude: 2-10 Hz: ± 5.0 mm
10-100 Hz: ± 2g
Sweep rate: max. 1 octave/min.
Number of axes: 3 mutually perpendicular
The PD602B DPI must be mounted in a metal enclosure/panel.
The following documentation from our ancient website applies to the original PD602 DPI.
Most of the information is also valid for the PD602B, except that:
• BM020 must be used to retain full EMC compliance.
• EthernetPort, IPNetTable is not supported.
• The speed on the Ethernet LAN Interface is 100 Mbit/s.
Common information for DPI types PD600B and PD602B
• PD681 Operator Interface is not supported in the B types.
• If a PD681 Operator Interface is used together with a DPI, we recommend that you continue to use the DPI type PD600 or PD602.
• If a downloaded program indicates “Unrunable” instead of “Running” in ProgramStatus.State, the reason could be that the program contains a reference to a PD681 as explained. Please consult the support department.
• If the variable “Screen” is present in the PD600 or PD602 DPI node type, it is very likely that the Process-Pascal program uses a PD681 Operator Interface and it will not be able to run because of the missing PD681 support.
• If a PD681 is declared in the Process-Pascal program, but no operator interface is actually installed, this part of the program can be removed before the PP program is recompiled to a new version and downloaded to the PD600B or PD602B, since the Process-Pascal program has now become compatible with these new DPI types.