This product has been discontinued!
This product have been replaced by PD602B.
Distributed Process Intelligence type, PD 602, P-NET via Light-Link, Ethernet LAN Interface
• Real time clock with battery backup.
• 64 – 1024 Kbytes in circuit programmable FLASH memory for user program.
• 128 – 2048 Kbytes in circuit programmable FLASH memory for user data.
• 64 – 992 Kbytes RAM memory with battery backup for user data. (2 Kbytes of RAM reserved for system variables)
• Built-in replaceable lithium battery.
• LED state indicators.
• Low power consumption.
• Process-Pascal programmable.
• Automatic checksum control of program memory after each Reset.
• EMC approved (89/336/EEC).
- Real time clock with battery backup.
- 64 – 1024 Kbytes in circuit programmable FLASH memory for user program.
- 128 – 2048 Kbytes in circuit programmable FLASH memory for user data.
- 64 – 976 Kbytes RAM memory with battery backup for user data. (2 Kbytes of RAM reserved for system variables)
- Built-in replaceable lithium battery.
- LED state indicators.
- Low power consumption.
- Process-Pascal programmable.
- Automatic checksum control of program memory after each Reset.
- EMC approved (89/336/EEC).
A PD 602 DPI is used to provide programmable intelligence for the local cluster via Light-Link P-NET, and to provide an interface with local area networks (LAN) using the Ethernet electrical standard (10 Mb/s). The BM 016 Base module is recommended for this device.
The PD 602 DPI is programmed in Process-Pascal, which is an extension of standard Pascal, allowing easy declaration and utilisation of P-NET variables and objects. Programs are developed and compiled on a standard PC, then downloaded directly via a P-NET interface. Program code can be downloaded to FLASH memory.
The PD 602 DPI has 2 standard P-NET Communication Channels.
Channel 1 is a P-NET Ethernet communication channel for connecting the DPI to a LAN.
Channel 2 is a P-NET Light-Link communication channel intended for communicating with other locally mounted P-NET devices using the optical Light-Link interface.
Program FLASH: 64 – 1024 Kbytes
Data FLASH: 128 – 2048 Kbytes
RAM 64 – 976 Kbytes
Power Supply DC: nom. 24.0 V
min. 15.0 V
max. 32.0 V
Ripple: max. 5 %
Power consumption @ 24 VDC
Operating: max. 50 mA
Current at power up: max. 100 mA
Battery Backup (RAM and RTC)
Replaceable battery (Panasonic) BR1632
Replace battery every 5 years.
If the operating ambient temperature is over 50 °C,
replace battery more frequently.
Backup time @ 25 °C typ. 1 year
Operating temperature: -25 °C – 70 °C
Storage temperature: -40 °C – 85 °C
Relative humidity: max. 95%
Real Time Clock
Accuracy: Deviation is approx. 3 minutes per month over the full
Deviation is approx. 1 minute per month at 25 °C
EMC EN61000-6-2, EN61000-6-3
Vibration IEC 60068-2-6
Frequency range: 2-100 Hz
Frequency / amplitude: 2-10 Hz: +/- 5.0 mm
10-100 Hz: +/- 2g
Sweep rate: max. 1 octave/min
Number of axes: 3 mutually perpendicular
The PD 602 DPI must be mounted in a metal enclosure/panel.