Distributed Process Intelligence type, P-NET via Light Link and RS-485 Interface.
• Real time clock with battery backup.
• 64 – 1024 kBytes in circuit programmable FLASH memory for user program.
• 128 – 2048 kBytes in circuit programmable FLASH memory for user data.
• 64 – 992 kBytes RAM memory with battery backup for user data (2 kBytes of RAM reserved for system variables).
• Built-in replaceable lithium battery.
• LED state indicators.
• Low power consumption.
• Process-Pascal programmable.
• Automatic checksum control of program memory after each Reset.
• EMC approved (89/336/EEC).
New features and limitations:
• PP program execution is approx. 3 times faster than the previous version.
• Replacement for PD600, except that use with PD681 is not supported.
• Read details about this and other subjects in the tab INFO NOTES.
Replacement for PD600, contact us upon purchase.
- Real time clock with battery backup.
- 64 – 1024 kBytes in circuit programmable FLASH memory for user program.
- 128 – 2048 kBytes in circuit programmable FLASH memory for user data.
- 64 – 992 kBytes RAM memory with battery backup for user data (2 kBytes of RAM reserved for system variables).
- Built-in replaceable lithium battery.
- LED state indicators.
- Low power consumption.
- Process-Pascal programmable.
- Automatic checksum control of program memory after each Reset.
- EMC approved (89/336/EEC).
A PD600B DPI is used to provide local programmable intelligence and act as a gateway between the standard P-NET system (RS-485) and the local cluster via Light-Link P-NET.
It uses either the BM002, or the BM010 Base Module.
The PD600B DPI is programmed in Process-Pascal, which is an extension of standard Pascal, allowing easy declaration and utilisation of P-NET variables and objects. Programs are developed and compiled on a standard PC, then downloaded directly via a P-NET interface. Program code can be downloaded to FLASH memory.
The PD600B has 2 standard P-NET Communication Channels.
Channel 1 is a standard P-NET RS485 communication channel for communicating with other P-NET devices outside the cluster, i.e. the rest of the system.
Channel 2 is a P-NET Light-Link communication channel intended for communicating with other locally mounted P-NET devices using the optical Light-Link interface.
Program FLASH: 64 – 1024 kBytes
Data FLASH: 128 – 2048 kBytes
RAM 64 – 992 kBytes
*) 2 kBytes of RAM reserved for system variables.
Power Supply DC: nom. 24.0 V
min. 15.0 V
max. 32.0 V
Ripple: max. 5 %
Power consumption @ 24 VDC
Operating: max. 50 mA
Current at power up: max. 100 mA
Battery Backup (RAM and RTC)
Replaceable battery (Panasonic) BR1632
Replace battery every 5 years.
If the operating ambient temperature is over 50 °C,
replace battery more frequently.
Backup time @ 25 °C typ. 1 year
Operating temperature: ÷25 °C – 70 °C
Storage temperature: ÷40 °C – 85 °C
Relative humidity: max. 95 %
Real Time Clock
Accuracy: Deviation is approx. 3 minutes per month over the full
Deviation is approx. 1 minute per month at 25 °C
EMC EN61000-6-2, EN61000-6-3
Vibration IEC 60068-2-6
Frequency range: 2-100 Hz
Frequency / amplitude: 2-10 Hz: ± 5.0 mm
10-100 Hz: ± 2g
Sweep rate: max. 1 octave/min
Number of axes: 3 mutually perpendicular
The PD600B DPI must be mounted in a metal enclosure/panel.
The following documentation from our ancient website applies to the original PD600 DPI.
All the information is also valid for the PD600B.
Common information for DPI types PD600B and PD602B
• PD681 Operator Interface is not supported in the B types.
• If a PD681 Operator Interface is used together with a DPI, we recommend that you continue to use the DPI type PD600 or PD602.
• If a downloaded program indicates “Unrunable” instead of “Running” in ProgramStatus.State, the reason could be that the program contains a reference to a PD681 as explained. Please consult the support department.
• If the variable “Screen” is present in the PD600 or PD602 DPI node type, it is very likely that the Process-Pascal program uses a PD681 Operator Interface and it will not be able to run because of the missing PD681 support.
• If a PD681 is declared in the Process-Pascal program, but no operator interface is actually installed, this part of the program can be removed before the PP program is recompiled to a new version and downloaded to the PD600B or PD602B, since the Process-Pascal program has now become compatible with these new DPI types.
PD600B Large: 992 kBytes RAM memory is now available.
Please update or substitute the existing sys file to enable the Process-Pascal compiler to use the 992 kBytes RAM in PP program.
The RAM size for PD600 large is 480 kBytes. If 480 kBytes is sufficient, there is no need for update of sys file.
PD600B, version 259
PD600B, version 257