PD340 - Meter selection guidelines
When selecting the meter size please observe the following guidelines:
– As a main rule, a Flow Transmitter with a pipe dimension equal to the rest of the piping system should be selected.
– Never exceed the maximum flow rate of the transmitter (see below).
– If optimum measurement accuracy is primary concern, the smallest possible transmitter should be chosen, still observing that the maximum flow rate must under no circumstances be exceeded.
– To further improve accuracy, especially on very low flow rates, the Linearizing function should be enabled. Please refer to the manual for details.
– If the chosen metering section is smaller than the pipework in the installation, the connecting pieces should be tapered.
|METER SIZE||TUBE SIZE||MAX. FLOWRATE||WEIGHT|
|C 25||1″ – (25 mm)||8 m3/h||5 kg|
|C 38||1 ½” – (38 mm)||20 m3/h||5 kg|
|C 51||2″ – (51 mm)||40 m3/h||5 kg|
|C 63||2½” – (63 mm)||80 m3/h||5 kg|
|C 76||3″ – (76 mm)||120 m3/h||5 kg|
|C 102||4″ – (102 mm)||200 m3/h||10,5 kg|