Distributed Process Intelligence type, PD 601, P-NET via Light Link, RS-232 Interface
• Real time clock with battery backup.
• 64 – 1024 Kbytes in circuit programmable FLASH memory for user program.
• 128 – 2048 Kbytes in circuit programmable FLASH memory for user data.
• 64 – 480 Kbytes RAM memory with battery backup for user data. (2 Kbytes of RAM reserved for system variables)
• Built-in replaceable lithium battery.
• LED state indicators.
• Low power consumption.
• Process-Pascal programmable.
• Automatic checksum control of program memory after each Reset.
• EMC approved (89/336/EEC).
- Real time clock with battery backup.
- 64 – 1024 Kbytes in circuit programmable FLASH memory for user program.
- 128 – 2048 Kbytes in circuit programmable FLASH memory for user data.
- 64 – 480 Kbytes RAM memory with battery backup for user data. (2 Kbytes of RAM reserved for system variables)
- Built-in replaceable lithium battery.
- LED state indicators.
- Low power consumption.
- Process-Pascal programmable.
- Automatic checksum control of program memory after each Reset.
- EMC approved (89/336/EEC).
A PD 601 DPI is used to provide local programmable intelligence for the local cluster connected via Light-Link P-NET, and to provide an interface with MODEMs, PCs or other serial equipment, such as printers, bar code readers etc. It uses the BM 003 or BM 011 base module.
The PD 601 is programmed in Process-Pascal, which is an extension of standard Pascal, allowing easy declaration and utilisation of P-NET variables and objects. Programs are developed and compiled on a standard PC, then downloaded directly via a P-NET interface. Program code can be downloaded to FLASH memory.
When the FLASH operating system is running in the PD 601, it can give licence to run VIGO version 5.3 or higher on a PC connected directly to the PD 601 via the RS232 interface.
The PD 601 has 2 standard P-NET Communication Channels.
In the PD 601 DPI, Channel 1 is a P-NET RS232 communication channel, primarily for communicating with MODEMs or PCs, but also with other serial devices such as bar code readers and printers.
Channel 2 is a P-NET Light-Link communication channel intended for communicating with other locally mounted P-NET devices using the optical Light-Link interface.
Program FLASH: 64 – 1024 Kbytes
Data FLASH: 128 – 2048 Kbytes
RAM: 64 – 480 Kbytes
Power Supply DC: nom. 24.0 V
min. 15.0 V
max. 32.0 V
Ripple: max. 5%
Power consumption @ 24Vdc
Operating: max. 50 mA
Current at power up: max. 100 mA
Battery Backup (RAM and RTC)
Replaceable battery (Panasonic) BR1632
Replace battery every 5 years. If the operating ambient temperature is over 50°C, replace battery more frequently.
Backup time @ 25°C typ. 1 year
Operating temperature: -25 °C – 70 °C
Storage temperature: -40 °C – 85 °C
Relative humidity: max. 95%
Real Time Clock
Accuracy: Deviation is approx. 3 minutes per month over the full
Deviation is approx. 1 minute per month at 25 °C
EMC EN61000-6-2, EN61000-6-3
Vibration IEC 60068-2-6
Frequency range: 2-100 Hz
Frequency / amplitude: 2-10 Hz: +/- 5.0 mm
10-100 Hz: +/- 2g
Sweep rate: max. 1 octave/min
Number of axes: 3 mutually perpendicular
The PD 601 DPI must be mounted in a metal enclosure/panel.